hit it til it breaks

frustrated and in a rage after the last election, I decided that rather than leaving the country or refusing to speak to my Southern family, I was going to talk until their ears turned blue. I gathered up every family email address I could find, and I sent them a nice introductory letter and proceeded to bombard them almost daily with all manner of progressive/liberal/informative articles/cartoons/columns/whatever. This is the poorly updated archive of my exchanges with them.

Friday, August 12, 2005

a response from uncle g-

this is the first letter I got back from Uncle G- :

Click here: Strong Hillary Book Sales Prove N.Y. Times Wrong
DANIEL... WITH ALL I KNOW ABOUT HILLARY... THAT HAS NOT COME OUT YET.....I AM THINKING ABOUT WRITING MY OWN BOOK..... YOU ARE IN N.Y...... YOU COULD HELP ME GET THE WORD OUT THERE......
GENE

(end letter)

I just kind of thought, "Whatever" and didn't respond.

But then I got this:

HI D-
I AM FORWARDING YOU A EMAIL I HOPE YOU ENJOY......
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT ON A SERIOUS NOTE..... IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUNNY THATS ALL.....AGAIN..... JUST SUPPOSE TO BE FUNNY !!!!!
WATCH IT TWICE......TAKES ONE TIME TO DOWNLOAD RIGHT......OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ___ AND I LEAVE THIS SATURDAY MORNING FOR VACATION..... WILL BE GONE FOR A WEEK....
TODAY IS YOUR MOM'S 50TH BIRTHDAY..... I HAD TO WORK......I DID CALL AND WISHED HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
D-......JUST REMEMBER I DO LOVE YOU.....I MIGHT NOT AGREE WITH YOU.......BUT.....WE ARE STILL FAMILY.....OK !
JUST GET READY FOR MY ARTICLES AFTER I GET BACK FROM VACATION.....LOL !!!!!!!
TAKE CARE..
SMILE !!!!!
G-

javascript:ol('http://www.michaelhodges.com/stuff/funny/2008cc1.swf');

(end letter)

so I responded:

Hey Uncle G-,

Thanks for that forward. I thought it was funny, too.

I hope you and Aunt ____ have a great vacation. I could use one. And whatever our arguments and disagreements about politics, we are always family and I never forget that.


Travel safe and give Aunt ____ my love,

Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home